Meet the Coaches
- Joseph Triolo - Director
Joe Triolo holds three NYS teacher certifications in the area of Birth - Grade 2, Childhood Education (grades 1-6), and Middle Childhood Education (grades 5-9). He has his Masters Degree in Education and is a Certified NYS Athletic Coach.
Joe has spent three years coaching at the collegiate level as well as over 5+ years at the High school, Junior High and Elementary level. In addition to coaching basketball, Coach Triolo has worked as an assistant softball coach and coaches women’s volleyball and basketball in Valhalla, NY, where he has successfully help lead the Lady Vikings to a Section One championship game.
Coach Triolo’s passion for basketball is evident in his coaching and private lessons. His focus is on teaching the fundamentals while introducing strategies which will allow players to reach their maximum potential. Coach Triolo started SIH to give back to the community who supported him while growing up in upstate New York. He feels that every child should have the opportunity to experience the level of success that he has.
As a player Coach Triolo was a two year team captain during his Junior and Senior Season (1999-2001) at Plattsburgh State University. During his senior year Joe averaged 25pts per game until a mid-season injury sidelined him. Joe went on to finish his career at Plattsburgh with an average of 14.8 pts per game while averaging 6 rebounds per game. Coach Triolo played one year at SUNY Delhi averaging just shy of 20pts per game. His 3 year scoring totals accumulate to 1100 points with 450 rebounds, with career field goal percentages of 42% and a 3pt field goal percentage of 38%.
- Garrison Knapp - Dean of Students & Coordinator of Student Activities
A native to central New York, Coach Knapp has numerous years of international experience. Although Coach Knapp works and lives in Puerto Rico, his connection to the local community goes back to his mother, Kathy Knapp, who is a South Kortright Alumnus.
Teaching/ Education Related Experience: 7 years in Education including Student Teacher in 5th grade at TASIS School in Dorado; Service Learning at Delaware Academy, Delhi, New York; 2 years as 5th grade and PE teacher and 4 years as Dean of Students and Coordinator of Student Activities at TASIS Dorado.
Degrees: BA in Sociology; Minor in Education, Hartwick College, Oneonta, New York
- NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) Certified
- Invited Coach/Instructor for future Hall of Fame Coach, Bob Hurley Sr. at the Bob Hurley Skills Camp in the Poconos Mts.
- Invited Coach/Instructor at the Hoop Group Elite Camp, Nation’s #1 Exposure Camp
- Invited Instructor for Teaches Hoops Summer Basketball Camps, 2009 & 2010
- Invited Instructor at Five-Star Specialized Basketball Camp for Highly Skilled Players, 2009
- Basketball Coach of students ranging from 1st-12th grade (14 years) including Championships with St. Agnes (CYO/AAU) and Central Square Redmen Varsity Liverpool League
- Selected to coach, and won, the East Division All-Stars of L.A.C. Norte’s First All Star Game
- Lead TASIS Dorado’s JV and Juvie Teams to two Championship games; Parkville and TASIS Dorado Tournaments
- Winning the TASIS Dorado JV Tournament with a victory over The Sammy Betancourt School.
- In the past three years, has lead his Juvie Teams to two 2nd place regular season finishes, and has made it into 7 championship games out of 15 Invitational Tournaments entered.
- Basketball Official of the Junior Redmen Youth League (3 years).
- Jessica Laing
Jessica Laing has a NYS teacher certification in Physical Education (K-
12), with a concentration in Adaptive Physical Education. She is also a
certified NYS athletic coach, coaching the Lady Bulldogs of Delaware
Academy (Delhi, NY).
As a player Jessica was a four year starter at SUNY Cortland and a
captain her senior year. She holds the scoring (2,166) and rebounding
(1,305) records at Cortland as well as the scoring record for the State
University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC). She is only
the 10th player in NCAA Division III history to reach the combination
of 2,000 points and 1,000 rebounds, and the only player on that
list to also make 100+ three-pointers (136). Laing recorded points-
rebounds "double-doubles" 77 times in 117 career games. Laing was
a four time first team all-star at Cortland and the SUNYAC Player of
the Year her Junior and Senior Years. Her senior year she was chosen
to the WBCA All-America First Team and the Eastern College Athletic
Conference (ECAC) Div. III Upstate New York Player of the Year.
Jessica loves working with kids and helping them develop their skills.
She strives to help others develop a passion for the game, just like